How To Boil Live Lobsters
Perhaps the easiest way to cook a live lobster.
*To boil lobster, you will need a large pot with a lid.
- Pour enough water in the pot to cover the lobster completely.
- Add 1 cup of sea salt for every 1 gallon of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Hold the live Maine lobster from the back and drop it headfirst into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and once the water has started to boil again, start timing.
- Boil the lobster for 10 minutes for the first 1-lb of weight and then 3 more minutes for each extra pound. A 2-lb lobster will be done in 13 minutes, a 3-lb lobster in 16 minutes.
- After boiling, drain the fresh Maine lobster immediately and serve hot with melted butter for dipping