How To Steam Lobster Tails
STEAMING LOBSTER TAILS
This is how Mainiacs prefer to cook their fresh lobster! You can cut the lobster tail in half for this method.
- Slip the tip of kitchen shears or heavy scissors into the middle of the hard rounded side of each lobster shell and cut down all the way to the tail fan, being careful not to cut meat. Place your hands on each side of shell and push down until tail pops about halfway out of shell.
- Rinse tails briefly under cold water to remove any grit or shell fragments.
- Pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom of a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and place a steamer insert inside the pot so that it is just above the water level.
- Put the lobster tails on the rack and cover the pot.
- Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes.